As a membership-based organisation, our aim is to provide a friendly and inclusive community of practice for our Members that supports and accelerates both your professional knowledge and personal development. What unites us all as Members is a shared interest in improving best practice respiratory care.
We represent a wide range of professional disciplines within our society, including G.P.s and practice nurses, specialist respiratory nurses, pharmacists and physiotherapists and researchers. Whatever your field of practice, if you want to make a positive impact and deliver quality and effective respiratory care, then PCRS is for you. Find out more about PCRS.
At PCRS we’re a focused, vibrant and informed professional community of practice where members support each other in a number of ways. With over 1,000 members based across the UK, we’re committed to making a lasting difference in respiratory care together, collaborating continually to develop best practice guidance.
There are a number of benefits to becoming a PCRS Member
- You receive substantially discounted rates to attend the annual flagship PCRS Respiratory Conference. This is the UK’s only conference for all respiratory healthcare practitioners. As well as showcasing the latest best practice in respiratory healthcare, this is a superb opportunity to network with other Members and is a highlight in the respiratory care community calendar.
- We also offer the PCRS Respiratory Leadership Programme free of charge for our Members. This is a flexible rolling three year programme designed to help develop your ability to make an greater impact for more patients in the work you do.
- We have a local Affiliated Group Network so people can get in touch with other respiratory care professionals locally.
- Our Early Career Researchers Meetings are open to everyone involved in respiratory academic research and are a useful opportunity to meet others in this dedicated peer group.
- PCRS Members can get closer to shaping best practice respiratory care by joining a PCRS Committee or Working Party where, collectively, we are involved with best practice development across the UK.
- Members are also welcome to contribute to our influencing work and strengthening our voice as the primary and community care experts in respiratory medicine.
- We encourage you to share your experiences with us and potentially contributing a letter or to a short article for Primary Care Respiratory Update or via our exclusive online Community where Members share experiences and provide insights into the issues they face that need addressing.
The strength of PCRS is the collective enthusiasm, experience, expertise and commitment of its Members. Benefit from the learning and knowledge of your peers by joining us. We look forward to welcoming you. PCRS is your Society, and we’re here to help you get the most out of your Membership. If you’d like any more information, please get in touch with us.