Supporting members to achieve their career goals
Mentorship through the respiratory conference season
Opportunity to participate in major respiratory conferences, supported by mentors
Bursary to support registration costs travel and accommodation PLUS guided support and learning
Participants will be able to access mentorship from leading clinical experts and key opinion leaders, as well as financial support to help them navigate and get the most out of the respiratory conference season.
Successful applicants will receive :
- Bursary (Up to £800 per event) towards registration, travel and accommodation at:
- ERS Respiratory Conference, Barcelona (4-6 September 2022)
- PCRS Conference, Telford (22-24 September 2022)
- BTS Winter Conference, London (23-25 November 2022)
- An opportunity to discuss current career aspirations and goals with mentors and develop a plan to achieve these goals
- Develop contacts and network within the conference environment across boundaries and professions
- Learn how to plan for and get the most from a major respiratory congresses
- Learn about the latest in respiratory research and how the learning can be translated in primary care
- Share learning locally
The programme represents a major investment by PCRS in the individual. This is great opportunity to learn, network, and travel to key respiratory conferences in 2022.
Applicants must be willing to undertake some pre-event coursework and post event evaluation and engagement with PCRS.
1:1 Mentorship Support
We also offer 1:1 guided support and mentorship for those wishing to develop a specific area of professional growth such as writing skills, preparing abstracts, presentation skills or other professional skills.
Your mentor will guide and support you to drive your own learning and maximise your potential.
We will buddy a limited number of applicants up with a leader in their field – for example we will match a practice nurse with an experienced practice nurse, a pharmacist with a pharmacist, or physiotherapist with physiotherapist. Mentors will be leaders in their field and will have experience in the area that mentees are looking to develop.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a member of PCRS at the time of application and throughout the programme duration
- If taking part in the conference programme, be able to take time out of work to participate fully in the programme including evening video-conferences and day-time conference sessions
- If taking part in the conference programme, delegates will ideally not have previously attended a major respiratory conference (excluding PCRS Respiratory Conference)
- If taking part in the 1:1 mentorship programme, be able to meet their mentors on line for regular (monthly) meetings over a 3 – 6 months period.
- Should ideally be working in primary, community or an integrated care setting
PCRS is grateful to GlaxoSmithKline for the provision of an educational grant to support the scientific mentorship programme. The programme has been solely organised by PCRS.