Inspiring Primary Care Respiratory Research and Researchers
Working together for research to change practice: partnership with patients and colleagues
27th September 2018 - The International Centre, Telford, 12.30-17.30
Are you a researcher in respiratory primary care?
Calling early and mid-career academic researchers to this pre-conference workshop
With an innovative programme full of practical advice and support by experts in primary care respiratory research, this workshop is ideal for networking and learning how to turn your ideas into structured research projects suitable for publication in scientific journals, whatever the scale of your funding and resources.
This year there will be a particular focus on patient partnerships and collaborative working, with sessions on how to incorporate patients into research and how to collaborate well. There will be opportunity to describe your existing/planned research in a short elevator pitch – a great way for sharing your own research plans and finding out what others are doing in outline – and we will then have plenty of time for group discussion on selected projects to glean ideas and tips from experts and peers to help with the challenges of research in primary care.
The workshop will be facilitated by some of the leaders in primary care respiratory research in the UK including Professor Patrick White, Dr Caroline Mitchell, Professor Hilary Pinnock and Professor Steph Taylor.
This year we are particularly targeting the workshop to those engaged in academic research (or planning to be), who self-identify as an early or mid-career researcher (by experience not age!), but all those who are planning/conducting their own research are welcome. The workshop is designed for:
- People early on in a career in research (e.g. PhD students, academic clinical fellows, postdoctoral researchers)
- Existing or experienced researchers wanting to develop links with others engaged in respiratory research in the UK or find out about partnership with patients and colleagues in research
- Clinical (all professional backgrounds) and non-clinical researchers are warmly welcome
The workshop is free of charge.
- Welcome and Introduction
- "Patient partnership - not just a box on the form". Amanda Roberts - PCRS Lay reference group
- Successful collaborative working - Professor Stephanie Taylor
- Group work and discussions (Facilitated by Dr Caroline Mitchell, Professor Hilary Pinnock, Professor Steph Taylor and Professor Patrick White)
- Elevator pitches from participants about current research
- Research surgery - an opportunity to have plans and ideas discussed and critiqued in a safe environment
- Refreshments and networking
Recognising the challenges of securing funding, and keen to attract a wider group of researchers, we are pleased to offer free conference registration and a bursary of up to £100 per person for up to three individuals from academic departments submitting at least one abstract to the PCRS conference and who also attend the research workshop on 27th September and who have not previously attended the conference.
Please contact email@example.com to take advantage of this offer