The Primary Care Respiratory Society (PCRS) is the UK-wide professional society supporting primary care to deliver high value patient centred respiratory care. Our ultimate vision is “optimal respiratory health for all” which we seek to achieve through:
- Campaigning to influence policy and set standards in respiratory medicine, relevant to primary care nationally and locally: the voice of primary care in respiratory medicine
- Educating primary care health professionals to deliver and influence respiratory care
- Open access to best practice, evidence based clinical guidance and resources, produced by primary care respiratory experts for primary care
- Membership scheme to support the respiratory professional development and empower primary care health professionals to provide and commission high value, patient-centred care
- Promoting and disseminating real life primary care research in respiratory conditions to support policy and education activities
Our scientific journal, npj Primary Care Respiratory Medicine, flagship annual national primary care conference and membership magazine Primary Care Respiratory Update underpin our research, campaigning and education work.
PCRS is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We are a membership-led organisation. Formal company(or 'voting') membership is open to any healthcare professional involved in the management of respiratory disease in primary care in the UK. Ordinary membership through our paid subscription scheme is open to anyone.