The Primary Care Respiratory Society (PCRS) supports all Health Care Professionals in primary, community, and integrated care settings. We develop an optimal, holistic, patient-centred approach to delivering quality care for all people with respiratory conditions. We are advocates for the improvement of care and outcomes for people with respiratory diseases, bringing together all professions, offering them a welcoming, supportive, inclusive, non-hierarchical community where everybody has a voice.
The PCRS vision is ‘optimal’ respiratory health for all.
Our aim is that, together, we can benefit every person with, or at risk of, lung disease
Our objectives are to:
- promote interest in, educate and facilitate research for the benefit of the public into all aspects of common respiratory conditions found in Primary Care
- provide an authoritative opinion where required on matters relating to all aspects of common respiratory conditions found in Primary Care
- accredit and endorse methodologies, research, products, individuals, education, and bodies after proper consideration; and
- provide information for subscribers and others on all aspects of common respiratory conditions found in Primary Care.
We do this through the following core activities:
- Advocacy and campaigns to inform and influence policy and set standards in respiratory medicine, relevant to populations nationally and locally.
- Educating health professionals working in primary and community settings to deliver and influence out of hospital respiratory care through open access to succinct best practice, evidence based clinical guidance and resources.
- Promoting and disseminating real life respiratory research relevant to population health needs that supports policy and education activities.
- Guidance on how to deliver value-based healthcare that provides a better patient experience, is clinically effective and safe and supports service development and redesign.
We work hard to ensure our committees reflect the composition of our membership - reflecting the broad range of professional disciplines and backgrounds of our members.
Become a member of PCRS:
- Access full range of clinical resources, guidance and CPD
- Keep up to date with all the latest respiratory policy, news and research
- Benefit from discounts and savings on events
- Be part of a supportive professional network
- Support our work to be the voice of respiratory professionals in community, primary and integrated care